An Early-Stage (Growth Technology) Investing series!
Join us to learn more about what's needed to enter the investment arena and build on your skills to learn what makes an early-stage company well-positioned and de-risked.
Looking to negotiate your equity package as an employee or board member? We'll cover that too.
In addition to being guided by our She's Independent founder and angel investor Natalie Levy, you'll also hear from a few other active investors through this series.
What you'll learn through participation with this series:
- The basics including intermediate to advanced concepts around early-stage investing.
- What to look for? How to think about diligence.
- Identifying your niche and next steps to get involved.
- 6 hours of recorded content spanning learning and development led by our founder and angel investor Natalie Levy plus investor conversations with other active angel and vc investors.
- FREE Introductory Session + What should you get paid in equity comp!
- Session 1: The Basics including the investor and financing landscape, where to find deals, and what to expect throughout the deal cycle.
- Session 2: Breaking down a fundraise including de-risking and diligence.
- Session 3: Getting you started plus digging into my portfolio.
- And take-home exercises to drive deeper learning
Interested in participating in future investments alongside She's Independent? Check out our investment club!
Course Creator Bio
Natalie Levy is an engineer and mathematician turned Wall Street derivatives trader, growth technology investor, and business-to-business (B2B) enterprise technology sales leader. She marries a deep understanding of data, data science, and technology paired with strong interpersonal skills. She has over a decade of angel investing experience and 20 years of hands-on operational experience through revenue execution, operational, and leadership roles selling into 34 countries. She experienced returns of 5-70x across all of her growth technology investments prior to 2018. She successfully exited 2 out of 17 investments, and experienced liquidity opportunities through Series D and Series E financing rounds.
Following the loss of her mother to suicide in January 2019, Natalie launched She's Independent while she transitioned from corporate roles to a more entrepreneurial and balanced lifestyle. She grew through the loss and continues on her healing journey to discover what is authentically aligned and enjoys tapping into her professional superpowers that also highlight self-awareness and personal growth.
"As someone new to investing, the exposure to such a broad knowledge-base was incredible. I learned about so many things that I would have never even thought to research had I continued solely on trying to teach myself all this material. The wisdom and experience brought to the table increased my understanding of investing exponentially."
Check out our free welcome session covering the basics around equity comp here.
Listen in to our past panel discussion with CO-based investors exploring introductory investment concepts here.
DISCLAIMERS AND MORE INFORMATION:
You must affirm that you are an accredited investor to participate in our Investment Club.
We are not investment advisors but present concepts around investing and the investor's mindset to get you thinking about how to get involved. We cover paths to equity ownership for those of you that are not accredited investors through the investment series through speaking to employee and advisory ownership.